Traveller High Society


An RPG Blog


The Traveller game in all forms is owned by Far Future Enterprises. Copyright 1977 - 2017 Far Future Enterprises.
Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises.

Thursday, September 7, 2017

TRAVELLER RPG: Error-Checking Dice Rolls

Whenever I need a random number generated in my Python code, I simply have the computer roll dice so I don't have to remember how all the various random commands are used for the language.

Even though this adds overhead to the final code, it's very minimal as far as speed is concerned when generating non-player characters for a role-play game. So of course I had to introduce logging features to my app on top of all that. Because.

This video gives an idea of how many dice rolls are performed while generating characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment